Native American History
Mid-Term Exam Study Guide
Three of the following questions will be on the exam and you will choose one of them. Be prepared to write a well-organized essay answering it. Remember that you need to include a thesis in your introductory paragraph and use the body of the essay to provide evidence supporting that thesis
1. How was the Western Hemisphere populated?
2. Discuss the technological development of Native societies of the Western Hemisphere before the arrival of Europeans.
3. How effectively were the native peoples of the Americas able to resist European colonization and conquest? Why?
4. What is the “Columbian Exchange?” What was its effect on the native peoples of the Americas?
5. Compare Spanish, French, and English patterns of contact with Native Americans. How did different goals and types of colonization affect the success or failure of relations with Native groups?